Phillippa Farrant, the DFSG Development Officer, is on a working group as part of Demos' research into support for children and young people with complex disabilities, life-limiting and life-threatening conditions.
The next stage of research is a wider call for evidence from children and young people, family carers and practitioners. There are three surveys, which will be open for three weeks from today until 16th March (please see further details below).
Demos would be really grateful if you could complete one of the surveys if appropriate, and share them with any wider networks through email blasts, newsletters, word of mouth or on social media.
Please see below a suggested text to be emailed out to your networks. We'll also be tweeting a link to the project page on the Demos website from our Twitter account, so if you could also retweet us or tweet the link yourself, that would be much appreciated. The link, which in turn links to the three surveys is:
The three direct survey links are:
Demos is an independent think-tank (research charity) based in London. We are currently being funded by the True Colours Trust to look at what support is available across the UK for children and young people with complex disabilities, life-limiting and life-threatening illnesses, and their families.
The aims of the research are: to increase funding to the sector, influence government policy, and improve services for these families.To help us achieve these, we would like to hear your views about:
- what support matters most
- what is working well
- what is working less well
- what improvements you would like to see
If you would like to help us with our research, please click on the relevant link below:
- If you are a young person (16-26) with a complex disability, life-limiting or life-threatening condition, please click here to complete
- If you are a family carer of a young person (26 or below) with a complex disability, life-limiting or life-threatening condition, please click here
- If you are a practitioner or formal service provider for children or young people with a complex disability, life-limiting or life-threatening condition, please click here
To find out more about our research, please click here