September 12, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Le Fosso trip
The annual trip to Le Fosso took place in June 2012. Four families went along, wich was fewer than normal, but it was a really successful trip – all had a great time and made some lasting friendships, which is what it’s all about.
Below is a few examples of the visits and activities available in the area...
- Canoeing.. calm lake session or river descent
- Fishing - equipment provided
- Horse and pony rides
- Cyclo-Rail - pedal-powered rail-cars
- Swimming - leisure pool with slide, jacuzzis, etc.
- Local leisure park with walks, bar, crazy golf, outdoor swimming pool
- Animal parks & Zoos, including displays
- Breton War Resistance Museum
- National Stud Farms; Breton horse centres in Lamballe or Hennebont
- Local street markets
- Medieval towns - Josselin, Quintin, Moncontour, Dinan, Vannes ...
- Rennes--beautiful capital of Brittany
- Boat trips--lakes, river or seaside
- Horse and cart rides
- Broceliande Forest and its stories of King Arthur (storytelling in English available)
- Moncontour's 'Theatre of Costumes'
- Snail farm
- Insect Discovery Centre
- Farm museum-- life in Brittany in the 1920s
- Artisan Cider-makers or Beer-maker
- Countless pretty villages including Lizio with its 'Marvellous Moving Models' made from found objects--full of beauty and surprises
- Chapels/Abbeys - on the trail of architectural treasures
- Cake factory - guided tour and Breton produce shop
- Bread making
- Candle making and honey bread - on a honey farm
- Tactile trails
- Ropes courses in the trees
and many more possibilities......
Category: Category 1
Please add a comment
You must be logged in to leave a reply. Login »